CIO Guide to IT Dashboardspost by Chris Curran on March 30, 2010
You strive to create a transparent IT organization. What is spent on strategic and operational systems should be clearly visible and its value easily measured. Availability of data about spending, productivity, problems and successes should be available to all business leaders in the language they speak. Enter the CIO Dashboard.
To address the challenge of increasing awareness of information visualization resources for the CIO and IT leaders, here is the CIO Guide to IT Dashboards. Please send me any ideas to improve this guide by clicking Contact Me on the right.
CIO Dashboard Books
- The Visual Display of Quantitative Information - Edward Tufte (really, any and all of his books)
- Information Dashboard Design - Stephen Few
CIO Dashboard Articles
- 10 CIO Dashboard Tips
- 5 Characteristics of a CIO Dashboard
- 4 Types of CIO Dashboards
- Device, Desktop or Dead Tree?
- 10 IT Metrics for a New CIO
- The Nation’s CIO: Government Needs a Dashboard - NY Times
- Does the Federal IT Dashboard Come With a Decoder Ring?
- The Problem with IT Benchmarks
- Diamond’s Information Analytics Blog - Diamond Management & Technology Consultants
- IT’s Annual Cry for Help - Susan Cramm
- Breaking Free of the One Page Dashboard - Juice Analytics
- Dashboard Confusion - Stephen Few
- Using Analytical Dashboards - DM Review, Rivard and Cogswell
- iPhone Interface Design - Edward Tufte
CIO Dashboard Innovations
- Tableau Public (free information visualization tool)
- Swivel (public data sharing and mashups)
CIO Dashboard Resources
cc licensed flickr photo shared by Cameron Cassan
Pingback: Tweets that mention The CIO Guide to Dashboards â€” CIO Dashboard -- Topsy.com()
Pingback: Elsewhere, on April 3rd - Once a nomad, always a nomad()
Pingback: A great source of relevant information and guides()
Pingback: Windows Phone 8 Live Tiles could be the IT dashboard we've dreamed of | expertIP()