CIO Guide to Technology Innovationpost by Chris Curran on March 13, 2010
Your role in innovation is unclear, but you know the power of information technology in making a real business impact, both operationally and strategically. To paraphrase William Gibson, the ground-breaking science fiction writer:
The future is already here, it’s just not evenly distributed
To address the challenge of increasing awareness of technology innovation resources for the CIO and IT leaders, here is the CIO Guide for Technology Innovation. Please send me any ideas to improve this guide by clicking Contact Me on the right.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship by Peter Drucker
- Myths of Innovation by Scott Berkun
- Make by O’Reilly Publishing
- Orbiting the Giant Hairball by Gordon MacKenzie
- Can You Outsource Innovation?
- 5 Roles for IT Innovators
- Innovation for the Rest of Us - Computerworld Premier 100 2010 Presentation
- Does the CEO Care About IT?
- I Need A Miracle Every Day - John Sviokla
- Is This Innovation Too Disruptive For My Firm? - John Sviokla
- The Best Companies Use the Best Ideas - John Sviokla
- iPads Killer App for the Enterprise
- Can Haptics Touch the Enterprise?
- Fedex Senseaware (sensors, GPS, tracking)
- MIT Media Lab’s Sixth Sense (augmented reality)
- Celestron’s SkyScout (augmented reality, sensors) -> StarWalk for iPhone (augmented reality, iPhone)
- Layar (iPhone, augmented reality platform)
- Poll Everywhere (SMS polling, interactive voting)
- Pepsi Refresh (idea markets) also see Spigit, Kindling and Shapado